Monday, April 30, 2007

Good morning all, and Happy Birthday Cousin Lesley!!! I love Mondays. I don't have to be to work until 10, so I can check all my favorite blogs just as the early morning sun comes through the office window. I didn't want to stay away too long for those of you who are checking in:)

This is what the view looks like from inside my office. There is a Swedish super model practicing Manuel Ponce on his Guitar as I write this blog.

The picture below is of Swede and I on our last journey to Utah. We hiked in the Timpanogos Mountains with our lovely Roxanne, searching for snow, and snow we found! We eventually came upon some Moose tracks and heard some heavy breathing far off in the woods, so decided to head back to civilization.


We ran the whole way down the Mountain and snuck up on a couple of Mountain Goats, an extremely rare find up here. So rare, Walkara, Chief of the Utes, used to call them White Buffalo. They escaped so quickly, it was obvious they didn't want to be seen. Rocks fell from up above, alerting us to their presence just seconds before they disappeared.

10 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

You are so gonna love blogging, Rachel, and I am so gonna love reading you!

How fun! It's also a great way to see what Swede looks like (since I've never met him!).

Gipsy Ing said...

How often do you get to go up to Utah to ramble in the wonderful country? On my way back to Washington in December, we went through Utah. It is a pretty state. Like a gem hidden.
Good to see Swede still practicing away, I can almost hear him. :)

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Aunt Ginnie: I do love blogging, and you know- today it only took me 15 minutes to post! I'm getting the hang of it- yea!

Ingrid: It's you, right? Well, we go to Utah whenever we get an extended weekend. We are planning a canoe trip at the end of May- but I am debating on using that time to go visit my Dad who is recovering instead. Yes, Swede is sounding better and better all time. He is focusing on Scandinavian music that accompanies the slide-show I made of Aunt Ginnie's Scandinavian Cruise.

BTW: We have several Scandinavian shows lined up through May and June!

Ruth said...

So when you're working in your office, planning lessons, your honey serenades you? How cool is that!

Utah must be glorious! I don't blame you wanting to spend a lot of time there. Get out, get out, as often as you can!

Gipsy Ing said...

Yes, gipsy ing is otherwise known as Ingrid!! :) And here I was talking about nicknames and it looks as though I had given one to myself. Ah dear. I intentionlly put an "i" instead of a "y" in g"i"psy because there is a street in London with that spelling and I think gipsy should be spelled with an "i" instead of an "y."

That is so cool that you are doing Scandinavian shows. It is incredible up in the Scandinavian countries. But I know you know that already.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Ingrid: Are you planning a trip to London this year?

Gipsy Ing said...

Not that I know of. Are you making plans to go abroad? If I do end up going, it would most likely be around Christmas time. Not sure what my parent's plans are.
One of my coworkers just got back from a trip to Scotland and Ireland. Oh, the pictures! I became nostalgia for that country. A beautiful place.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Aunt Ruth: Yes, he is serenading me six to eight hours a day! The wonderful part is that he allows me to be a part of his song selection process. I love hiking- so mountains anywhere thrill me:))

Ingrid: We are planning on Scandinavia, the exact year is not for sure, but things seem to be pointing us toward December when Swede graduates. We are making tons of connections. Swede's Swedish is improving greatly, and I have just started to learn Finnish- I have a Finnish teacher now:)

Unknown said...

thank you for the birthday wishes Rachel!

your blog is just beautiful. i love seeing photos of you and Swede, and your life out west. your hiking trips sound amazing. makes me miss the countryside!

happy blogging!

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Thanks sweet cousin:)