Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Ingrid

This is my friend, Ingrid.

I love this picture. Long ago, Swede had this cute little apartment, and Ingrid and I would come over for coffee and reading. Here we are reading Swede's favorite Martial Arts Teacher, Hatsumi's book, Understand? Good, Play! It looks like Ingrid has been busted by Hatsumi doing something naughty, not that Ingrid has ever been bad a day in her life! I guess that's what makes it so much funnier!

This picture is nice, too. The Three Musketeers:)
Remember, I said Ingrid has never been naughty a day in her life. Swede on the other hand is another story. On this special occasion, Ingrid and I have patched up Swede's eyes so he cannot see. He went blind the whole weekend, while Ingrid led him around town on various adventures. Swede was testing out his five-dollar-dance moves with his new perception on life, while Ingrid is clearly taken by surprise!
Ingrid took our blinded Swede to the Mill Avenue Taco Del Mar. I don't know what Swede is doing in this picture, but we are all cracking up!

Ingrid joins us for holidays when she is not out of town visiting her parents in London. Here she is making cider on Halloween with Zabrina.

We all just love Ingrid.
She is peaceful and kind.
She is a music therapist.
She plays Celtic music on the harp.
She used to live right across the street.
She lives on the ocean in California now.
She is far away.
She is still in our hearts and thoughts.

BTW: She has a blog, too- and her poetry is beautiful.

5 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful friend, Rachel. You did her (and Swede) proud! :)

Gipsy Ing said...

Rachel! What surprise to see. So very sweet. I am laughing at the wonderful memories we had shared (including that weekend) and by the end of the blog posting I had tears running down my face.
I miss you, Swede, Zabrina, and Wyatt so. It can be hard sometimes to be making my way and yet so far away from the ones I love. However, you are always in my heart.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

How sweet! I am glad that you miss us, too:))) My tribute is not nearly as powerful as what I truly feel. You are a wonderful friend- and we know it now more than ever now that you are not here.

Ruth said...

Ingrid looks like a lot of fun. I'm sorry you're missing each other.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

The blogs have reunited us!!!