Friday, August 17, 2007

Gratitude

"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This was no ordinary summer. It was indeed the blossoming of an intense vision quest.

One of the important things I have learned is that to live in gratitude is to align oneself with the authentic vibration of his or her soul source.

For this reason, I would like to shower gratitude on the friends who took Swede and I in as guests during the month of June:

Thank you so much Frank for allowing us to stay in your spacious spare room with cold AC and a powerful ceiling fan. You have a real knack for interior design. I love the bathroom cabinets!!! No, this is not Frank pictured here, but this is his world-famous album cover. If you click on it, it will send you to his website and you can hear his most popular tune: Kiss My Irish Ass. Let us know when you release your new CD, Frank!Next, thanks to Jefe, the wonderful friend who introduced Swede and I. He is showing off his arm here, because the poor chap dislocated his elbow probably landing a stunt like this from the top of his friend's shoulders during a Capoeita class. Capoeita is a beautiful Brazilian war dance. Jefe has been practicing this art for a couple of years now. He has been studying Flamenco guitar since I met him and is an amicable barista. Some day he would like to own his own cafe which would also be a cultural center where people could enjoy Capoeira, African Dancing, Flamenco, and much more. I hope your dreams come true!And finally, my beautiful friend, Delmy, invited us to stay at her tropical paradise nestled in Apache Junction. If you hear Delmy say the words: "That's something to coach about," you know you had better reassess the way you're responding to any given situation! She is one of the most positive people I have ever met, full of energy and an amazing entrepreneur involved in many altruistic endeavors.

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
- Marcel Proust

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Goodie, you're back! I can feel your positive, loving energy way over here, the gratitude for good, giving friends. You are rich with friends, Rachel. And these three look and sound very lovely.

I was just talking with a work colleague yesterday, and we were wishing we could take a sabbatical like professors do. It sounds like that's what you had, a mini-sabbatical, time to refresh and rejuvenate.

I also was talking with another woman in my office who just visited her son in AZ, and she was in Tempe, and we were talking about you (and she's from Grand Ledge too, but she doesn't know you or your dad), and she said you live in a beautiful area (as I already knew). I look forward to more expressions of your life and creativity here in the days ahead.

We wish you'd been at Farm Day. Love to you and Swede.

Yay!

Unknown said...

I my gosh, it is so nice to hear from you! I feel like I have been gone for so long! Yes, it was indeed a mini-sabbatical in every sense of the word. It has launched me into a new sense of awareness and I am so much more positive- definitely resonating at a higher frequency. I am excited to share the events that unfurled, as I am sure you can sense that I am holding back. All in due time:)

Gipsy Ing said...

Rachel,
So glad you have much to be grateful in your friends. A true blessing and thanksgiving.
Have you read anything by the author Tom Brown, Jr. The reason why I asked was the way you worded and included Vision quest in the post. He talks about vision quests and experiences in his writing.
Well, I have posted a new post. Have a few more to write on but may wait till a little later in the week with all of the catch up I need to do since having my cold. I postponed a lot of my todo's so to get better.
But had a full day up in Pasadena yesterday. Nice area compared to some places in LA.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Hello!!! So nice to hear from you! I wrote the author's name down and will look him up! Thanks for the tip!

I am researching materials for our next multimedia presentation at ASU's library. Off on a tangent, tho!

Ginnie Hart said...

I was hoping you'd be back, Rachel, and you are! With a bang!! I love the way you have written your thanksgiving. It is so easily passed on to the rest of us!

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Yes, it's nice to be back with so much inspiration and I am refreshed!