Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Grandpa Al Mollsen


Well, before the most recent tragedy described, there was another in the family. My Grandpa Al's girlfriend, Ida, became so sick that she had to move out and into a care facility. Grandpa couldn't afford to live on his own in their Detroit home, so he moved to Phoenix, Arizona to live with his other son, Al Jr., probably hoping to enjoy the sunshine.

Just a day or so after arriving here in excellent shape, Al fell ill and became bedridden. A week or so later, Al received news that Ida had died.

Grandpa Al did not recover and soon moved to a care facility in Scottsdale. With Dad's condition, the two are sure to never see each other again.

Wyatt, Zabrina, Swede and I went to visit Grandpa the other day and took some pictures and videos, so I can make a movie short to send to Dad in Michigan.

BTW, these postings are not meant to make you feel sad- I just want to pay tribute to the people I love and care about.

These are the strongest people in the world who experience life's unexpected challenges with the perseverance to follow their bliss until the end.

4 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

You have the spirit and attitude, RK, to make the best out of anything...and to be a mentor to all the children around you. I love that about you!

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Danke shon! These kids are mentors for me, too:D

Ruth said...

So glad you took Wyatt and Zabrina too. It's good for them to see loved ones at all stages of life. And it's so wonderful for the elderly to be with children.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

Sorry Aunt Ruth, I turned comment moderation on, but oops, I don't like that, even if I do risk a little spam once in a while. I agree with your comment:D