Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Pratyahara

"Pratyahara is the process of directing the senses inward to become aware of the subtle elements of sound, touch, sight, taste, and smell. Ultimately, all experience is consciousness. When you look at a flower in your garden, your eyes receive frequencies of electromagnetic radiation that trigger chemical reactions in the rods and cones at the back of your eyes. As a result of these chemical changes in your retinas, electrical impulses are generated that eventually reach the visual cortex at the back of your brain. The interpretation of these fluctuations in energy and information takes place in your consciousness. Although you imagine that you are seeing the flower outside of you, you are actually experiencing it within you on the screen of your awareness. "

- Deepak Chopra

6 comments:

Gipsy Ing said...

For a moment I thought I had somehow gotten to someone else's blog and then realized it was yours... beautifully renamed! I like this very much, Rachel! It is so very creative.
I really need to read some of Chopra's works. I have seen tidbits of his ideas and words here and there, but have never read a book by him. I think I should. Do you recommend any works?

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

I am enjoying The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga and thoroughly enjoy it! He has a new one out. I love the way he talks and writes.

Ruth said...

I like listening to his voice. I like the new name for your blog too. The concept in this post seems right to me.

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

It may be transforming constantly, as am I. Thank you, I enjoy the way it looks and feels in this moment, too.

Ginnie Hart said...

Me, too, Rachel. This name actually seems much different from the "So Hum" but I did very much like the play on words of the former. I will now change my sidebar link to match your new name. :)

Did YOU take that pic??? If so, it's fabulous! I'm in awe. And Chopra's words are powerful, aren't they!

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

No, I didn't take the picture- but it sure is pretty. I am probably going to change the title of the blog quite often, so you might just want to put Rachel's Blog on your sidebar:)))

Love you all, thanks for visiting me:)